If you are one of those people who wants to make a healthy change in their diet, then adding healthy, beneficial ingredients to your everyday diet will surely make a difference. Surely you may have already tried lots of delicious new ingredients that you feel comfortable with and enjoy. However, just in case you have missed out on this one, we would like to show you why you should start considering seaweeds as a smart, key ingredient in your diet.
The benefits of eating seaweed
- Seaweed is packed with minerals from the ocean!
- Seaweed is great for balancing out the thyroid gland, which is responsible for producing hormones that keep us healthy and balanced.
- Seaweed is pure energy, and in case you need a boost it is really simple to add to your daily routine.
- Basically, seaweed is one of the best foods that we often neglect to eat. It is a regular ingredient in Asian cuisine, and it can add a wonderful taste to many raw dishes.
- Wondering how can you add seaweed to your diet? Here’s how:
- Add spirulina or blue/green algae to your green smoothies or fruit smoothies.
- Make raw maki or sushi veggie rolls, using nori seaweed sheets as the wrapper.
- Slice up a nori sheet to top your salads or add to wraps for extra crunch.
- Soak kelp buds and add these to your salads and wraps – it will add a different flair to your salads.
- Add kelp noodles to your raw soups, raw salads, or make a raw noodle dish with them.
- Make a seaweed salad with any kind of soaked seaweed, sliced cucumbers, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds for an Asian feel.
- You can take nori sheets on camping or on trips - they make for an awesome dry snack; you can also combine it with fresh veggies for a really simple wrap.
Consider giving the seaweed a try and you’ll see how little by little it will get easier to include it in your everyday diet. You have all the reasons to at least try it!
Have you ever tried the seaweed? How often do you include it in your diet? Please share with us in the comments below.